eComStation 2.0 Beta 4
Serenity Systems International is pleased to announce the availability of eComStation 2.0 Beta 4 for download.
This is the fourth beta release of the eComStation 2.0.
This product is available for download to all registered eComStation
customers with active Software Subscription Services.
(See this explanation).
This version of eComStation 2.0 is purely intended as a technology proof.
Some new items have been implemented:
- Lucide document viewer (GA release), including support for PDF documents
- Security/2 added (optional from 'experimental features' in advanced install
- Added 4OS/2 to Additional Software
- Added 4OS/2 prompt shadows to Command Prompts folders
- Added Genmac 2.00 with support for 34 NIC chipsets, including many wireless
- Added Wireless LAN monitor 3.00, will be installed when appropriate hardware
is detected or selected.
- Added Faxworks to CD1, it was on CD2 previously
- Added Psi/2 Instant messaging application
- Added Samba Client for eComStation. Right now without configuration GUI
- Added OpenSSH Client for eComStation.
- New bootlogo and desktopbackground, reflecting "Beta 4" status
- Added preinstall harddisk integrity check, can be skipped now from preboot menu
- Updated TZ settings for locale page to conform to new rules. More info at:
- Added USBDock as a replacement of the USB resource manager
- Added UniClip 0.2.1 to base installation, required by OpenOffice.org 2.0.4 RC1 and up
- eClock is no longer an install option
- Added kLIBC coreutils
- All libc versions and utils are in WPI packages now
- Added MyIP by Alex Taylor to Baseutil
- Removed PACK files from OS2IMAGE tree, these are used by seinst for multimedia,
as we supply our own multimedia files. Removing them is harmless, as proved by eCS 2.0
beta 3. This saves some space on the install CD.
- removed Acrobat 4, both from installer and CD (saves some space).
- modified desktop scheme
- Added files to support reversing SMP installation (used by "Post Installation Tasks" wizard)
- SMP kernel will now only be installed when required, is possible to activate after
installation has completed, to prevent problems. Also, moved setting of SMP kernel
and ACPI options to the hardware page of the installer
This product is provided as a downloadable ISO file, this is a raw CD
image that you can burn on CD-R media. For instruction on burning the
CD image to CD please consult the PDF document howtoburncds.pdf in the
To tell us your findings, please create a report at:
READ THE README
Please read the full README document for details on downloading and creating the beta 4 CD.
Where to buy