OpenOffice.org 2.0 Release Candidate 1 available
February 03, 2007 by admin
LEWISVILLE, Texas, Feb. 2, 2007
Serenity Systems International is pleased to announce the availability
of Release Candidate 1 of OpenOffice.org 2.0 for eComStation and OS/2.
This build is based on the 2.0.4 sourcecode of OpenOffice.org.
Release Candidate 1 is available for immediate download in English,
German, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian and Dutch to all customers of
an active Support Agreement for OpenOffice.org for eComStation and IBM
OS/2, via their download-area at the Mensys Online Shop.
** Notes **
- Please make sure to read the included READ1ST.TXT document, which
includes hints on installation and a list of known issues.
- Installation takes around 300 MB of drivespace, plus an additional 40
MB per installed language.
- Innotek FontEngine is now fully supported, which provides improved
- It is advised to use TrueType fonts (TTF) over Type1 fonts (eCS
default) as they render better with the Fontengine.
- no eComStation or OS/2 specific enhancements are available in this
- UniClip is required to complete installation. You can get it from
- Support for clipboard bitmap formats and unicode text.
- Support for mouse wheel.
- Numerous fixes have been implemented. For more details, please read
** Planned enhancements **
1) bidi & dbcs font support (depends on demand)
2) WPS support
3) native GUI controls
4) support SANE for scanners.
Support for the following items is not planned:
1) Java support
2) Mozilla support
** More information **
More information on OpenOffice.org can be found at:
** User Support **
Support specific to the eComStation and OS/2 version can be obtained
through the ticketing system at: http://www.ecomstation.com/support/ooo2/
A newsgroup is available for community support at:
** Enjoy! **
Serenity Systems International