bootAble 4.0 release bootAble 4.0 release - now with PEER support!
May 09, 2005 by Hayo Baan
I have just released version 4.0 of bootAble. Apart from some more minor additions and fixes, PEER support has finally been added!
If you're upgrading, please make sure you remove the configuration files for Back Again/2000 workstation (bootAble.ba2kws and bootAble.ba2kwsRC) as they have been replaced by a version that should support both the server and the workstation version of BA/2000 (bootAble.ba2k and bootAble.ba2kRC). Please also note that the new version now also copies over the hidden registration information of version 4.0!
As always you can download the latest version from http://www.xs4all.nl/~hrbaan.
The complete change log is found below:
* The newer Mozilla and Firefox releases should work again (thanks Doug Bissett for fixing this);
* Added PEER support (PEER, thank you very much Hermann Ulrichskoetter for pointing me in the right direction);
Note: PEER support can only be installed on a MEMDISK bootAble CD or a maintenance partition and requires WPS support.
* Completely reworked networking directory structure to match the OS/2 original structure;
* Improved autodetection of TCP/IP settings (TCPIPHOSTADDRESS, TCPIPHOSTNAME, TCPIPGATEWAYADDRESS, TCPIPDOMAINNAME, TCPIPDNSADDRESS);
* Improved determination of network card driver. In case multiple are found, the user is asked which one to use (NETWORKCARDFILE);
* Now correctly identifying the FASTNIC network card (thanks Alan Beagley);
* You can now independently specify the destination (either the boot image or the CD) of the files in the IBMCOM directory (IBMCOMDESTINATION);
* The network messaging drivers are now loaded when possible (only on a MEMDISK bootAble CD with IBMCOMDESTINATION='IMG' or a maintenance partition);
* Renamed EXTRATCPIPFILES variable to EXTRATCPIPMPTNPROTOCOLFILES for clarity;
* You can now simply add to the value of variables by using the directives _ADDBEFORE_ and _ADDAFTER_. Previously you had to use the fairly complex varValue('') construction, now this can be done much simpler in (almost) all cases (just make sure to include the correct delimiter).
See the diverse bootAble configuration files for examples;
* Added an option to control full window drag on a bootAble WPS system (WPSFULLWINDOWDRAG);
* Added newview.dll to the list of dlls to include (thank you Doug Bissett);
* Doug Bissett contributed TCP/IP 4.1+ firewall support (bootAble.firewall);
* Added a REXX exit called just before the cleanup (REXXEXIT_CLEANUP);
* Added identification of the corresponding unicode keyboard for the US103 keyboard (thank you Alan Beagley);
* Added setting to pause bootAble just after successfully completing the build (PAUSEBEFOREEXIT, default is not to pause);
* Added directive to the EXTRADIRECTORY settings to ignore file not found errors (EXTRADIRECTORYIGNORENOTFOUND.n);
* Adapted bootAble.pmview to ignore files not found in the dragdrop directory (thank you Hanno Sedlmayr for pointing this out);
* The bootAble configuration file for Back Again/2000 should also work for the server version and has hence been renamed to bootAble.ba2k;
Note: Please remove the files bootAble.ba2kws and bootAble.ba2kwsRC if you still have them.
* Adapted bootAble.ba2k to now also copy the registration info for version 4 (only works on a maintenance partition or a MEMDISK bootAble CD, thank you Doug Bissett);
* Improved control over if and how the WarpCenter is to be started (WPSWCAUTOSTART, WPSWCSTARTUP);
* Corrected minor bug where the WarpCenter would always be shadowed in the startup folder;
* Corrected bug when EXTRADIRECTORYDESTINATION.n was set to 'IMG';
* Corrected problem where the /etc directory would not always end-up pointing to the correct location (thank you Hermann Ulrichskoetter).