eComStation 1.2 Media Refresh public beta released
September 16, 2005 by admin
eComStation 1.2 Media Refresh public beta
It is our pleasure to announce the availability of the public beta of eComStation 1.2 Media Refresh.
This beta is available to all registered eComStation 1.2 users.
The eComStation 1.2 Media Refresh resolves known issues and provides the latest codebase. This version does not significantly change functionality.
This release includes fixes to many reported problems, as well as significant enhancements migration and installation.
- supports installation on AMD64 based systems
- supports the use of memory sticks during installation (such as retrieval of the install key)
- enhanced migration support
- all systemfiles have currency with the latest eCS MT level
- setboot has been replaced by a custom version of DFSee which prevents the corruption of other volumes in certain situations
- Scitech SNAP/SE updated to latest level (build 478)
- possibility to verify media integrity before installation
Release Notes: http://www.ecomstation.com/edp/mod.php?mod=ecsfile&get=30
How to obtain this beta?
This beta is accessible from the 'Your Downloads' page for all registered eComStation 1.2 customers.
The beta is only provided as a downloadable ISO file, this is a raw CD image that you will have to burn on CD-R media.
For instructions on burning the CD image to CD please consult the PDF document howtoburncds.pdf in the same directory as you can download the ISO.
Should you get this?
The GA release of the Media Refresh will be available soon, so you may want to wait for that. Also, if your system is running fine and you have kept up to date with the eComStation Maintenance Tool, there is no immediate need for this update.
Please note that this product does *not* contain new features. Soon we will be starting a new beta-program soon for the upcoming 2.0 release of eComStation, which will contain new features and functionality.
Serenity Systems International