Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 for eComStation released
January 16, 2006 by admin
Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 for OS/2 & eCS has been released. As was the case with Firefox, Thunderbird 1.5 is an immense improvement over it's 1.0.x predecessor. Aside from improvements to stability, the following is a partial listing of features that differentiate the new Thunderbird.
New features since Thunderbird 1.0.x include:
* Spell check as you type.
* Automated update to streamline product upgrades.
* Built in phishing detector to help protect users against email scams.
* Podcasting and other RSS Improvements.
* Deleting attachments from messages.
* Integration with server side spam filtering.
* Reply and forward actions for message filters.
* Kerberos Authentication.
* Auto save as draft for mail composition.
* Support for saved search folders that can search across multiple
accounts. * Support for message threads for single folder saved search
folders. * Improvements to product usability including redesigned options
UI, search and filter UI, and SMTP server management. * Filters for Global
* Many security enhancements
You can download it here:
NOTE: This release requires C runtime DLLs from Innotek. The latest version is 0.5.1, which includes an installer. Available here:
Thunderbird extensions (add-ons) that add new functionality are available here:
Thunderbird themes (skins) are available here:
A utility to migrate mail from PMMail to Thunderbird is available here:
For more information on the Thunderbird e-mail and newsgroup client:
For a list of what's new in this release:
Tips and tricks for Thunderbird can be found here:
And finally, if you still have questions, or just want to participate in a Mozilla for OS/2 discussion forum, the Warpzilla newsgroup can be found here: