netlabs.org newsletter #1
February 06, 2006 by admin
News from netlabs.org
Although many OS/2 and eCS users worldwide know the existence of and the
concept behind netlabs.org already for years. It still is surprising
that a large group of people don't know what is going on or where to
That is why some people, close to netlabs.org, decided to gather
netlabs.org news and start to distribute that in a bi-weekly electronic
newsletter. To share the news and make it easier for everybody to stay
updated and always get the latest greatest open source OS/2 and eCS
This is the first newsletter, so please feel free to react and comment
about it (see below). We are still in the phase of setting it up and are
open for suggestions. Like we are not sure yet if people can subscribe
to it themselves as well.
Netlabs.org relies on your support as well, we hire developers to have
better progress on projects. For sure this costs money so any sponsoring
is very welcome! You can support netlabs.org via netlabs.org sponsoring
The page states that VAT has to be paid as well, this is not the case
for the sponsoring units, netlabs.org gets the full amount you donate!
Thanks for your support!
Here is the news for January 16th - 29th 2006
January 16. - 22.
- Updates for GenMac are being prepared
- when this update will be released is not yet clear!
- HotPlug will be supported as this is important for proper
PCCard (note, NOT PCMCIA!!) and USB support
- WPA support for the WLAN cards is in the works
- See http://wlan.netlabs.org
- New version of Doodle's Screen Saver (version 1.51)
- Fat32 driver version 0.9.11 now available as WPI package
- Fixed non-recognition problem of USB removable drive change.
- Fixed "free space" problem.
- Fixed some minor warnings such as "non used variable" on
- Fixed the problem that CACHEF32 cannot call "chkdsk.com" if
a different drive is not a boot drive.
- See http://fat32.netlabs.org/?show=download
- QT3 Library News
- the current version of the QT library for OS/2 is 3.3.1 RC-06
- it is available from the netlabs.org FTP server
- the current version has some limitations, like missing
implementation of QProcess or QSound classes
- this will be fixed in the next release
- the next step will be 3.3.1 RC-07
- you can track the development via the Trac timeline of Qt3
- if you have ported applications to OS/2 or eCS with this
library, please let us know!
- See: http://svn.netlabs.org/qt3
- OS/2 and eComStation Developers Workshop 2006
January 23. - 29.
- Updates for UniAudio
- Updated WarpVision
- XWP 1.0.4 Swedish
- QT3 Library News
CU at http://wiki.netlabs.org/index.php/Developers_Workshop_2006
We can be reached at: email@example.com
|eComStation News [ submit ] [ search ]
|| Software News
netlabs.org newsletter #286
(January 02, 2017)
netlabs.org newsletter #285
(December 19, 2016)
netlabs.org newsletter #284
(December 05, 2016)
netlabs.org newsletter #282
(November 07, 2016)
netlabs.org newsletter #281
(October 24, 2016)
Bob Eager\'s OS/2 Software released as Open Source
(October 23, 2016)
netlabs.org newsletter #280
(October 10, 2016)
netlabs.org newsletter #279
(September 26, 2016)
DFSee version 14.1 released|
(January 05, 2017)
DFSee MAJOR version 14.0 released!
(December 18, 2016)
XWP v1.0.11 GA
(December 17, 2016)
Weasel version 2.3 released
(December 14, 2016)
| Driver Updates
PEEK.SYS driver source code now available
(August 26, 2016)
USB driver package version 11.14 released
(March 31, 2016)
New MultiMac NIC driver package (20160201) released
(March 07, 2016)
Where to buy