eComStation 1.2 Media Refresh German beta available
February 07, 2006 by admin
Serenity Systems International is pleased to announce the publicly available beta of eComStation 1.2R German.
The eComStation 1.2 Media Refresh resolves known issues and provides the latest codebase. This version does not significantly change functionality.
This release includes fixes to many reported problems, as well as significant enhancements migration and installation.
- supports installation on AMD64 based systems
- supports the use of memory sticks during installation (such as retrieval of the install key)
- enhanced migration support
- all systemfiles have currency with the latest eCS MT level
- setboot has been replaced by a custom version of DFSee which prevents the corruption of other volumes in certain situations
- Scitech SNAP/SE updated to latest level (build 478)
- possibility to verify media integrity before installation
How to obtain this beta?
This beta is accessible from the 'Your Downloads' page for all registered eComStation 1.2 German customers. It is also available via the Mensys Online Shop.
The beta is only provided as a downloadable ISO file, this is a raw CD image that you will have to burn on CD-R media.
For reduced download time, DIFF files are provided, please refer to the provided LIESMICH.1ST document for more details.
For instructions on burning the CD image to CD please consult the PDF document howtoburncds.pdf in the same directory as you can download the ISO.
Should you get this?
The GA release of the Media Refresh will be available soon, so you may want to wait for that. Also, if your system is running fine and you have kept up to date with the eComStation Maintenance Tool, there is no immediate need for this update.
Serenity Systems International