Warpstock 2002 Must See presentations
September 14, 2002 by Luc Van Bogaert
At Warpstock 2002 in Austin Texas you can see with your own eyes what many have only heard about. Sorry for the length of this post, but the Warpstock weekend will be packed with exciting things to see and hear about OS/2 and eComStation. Some of the great things expected at our show this year include:
- Bob St. John of Serenity Systems will be telling us what to expect in eComStation 1.1. In addition they will be giving away copies of the 1.1 beta.
- Greg Shah of Golden Code Development will be presenting the recently announced OS/2 port of the Java 2 Standard Edition ("J2SE") platform, release 1.4, as well as the ongoing development and support for the the Mozilla Web Browser under OS/2.
- Greg Shah of Golden Code will be demonstrating a new product called SESAME. This product is the most complete security system ever created for OS/2. It turns OS/2 into a true multi-user system from both a local and remote access perspective.
- Brian Smith of F/X Communications, will present the new features of the InJoy Firewall and Dialer with an emphasis on crossplatform operability. Demonstrating platform independent management and serving using clients and servers of varying systems, including OS/2, Linux, FreeBSD, Windows and MacOS. As well demonstrating some of the new tunnelling and firewalling functionality, using the new GUI.
- Kendall Bennett of SciTech Software will be showing off Snap Graphics for OS/2 2.0.
- Connectix will be presenting VirtualPC 5.0 and will have a special show price as well.
- Richard R. Spurlock & William F. Kershner of Starfire Engineering & Technologies, Inc. will discuss their "Titan Single Logon" package.
- Jan Van Wijk will be showing off his latest version of Display File Systems (DFSee), a generic partition and filesystem browser/analyser. DFSee supports partition-tables (FDISK, LVM), (V)FAT, FAT-32, HPFS-structures, some NTFS and JFS stuff and it might support different file-systems like EXT2 in the future. This presentation will be an introduction to DFSee : a demonstration of the product's main features, some usage examples and finally a Q&A session.
- Netlabs will be showing Lookout/2, HW Overlay and much more.
So be sure to come to Warpstock 2002 for the chance to be one of the first to learn the latest information about OS/2 and eComstation. This year, Warpstock is taking place in the home of OS/2 development. Warpstock will take place the weekend of October 5-6, 2002 in Austin, Texas at the Renaissance Austin Hotel. You can find the complete presentation schedule as well as event registration and hotel reservation information at our web site: <http://www.warpstock.org>.
Warpstock, Inc., is a North Carolina corporation. The Warpstock annual conference is a gathering of OS/2 users, developers, and vendors from around the world for the purpose of education and advocacy.
More information is available at the Warpstock web site : <http://www.warpstock.org>