DFSee 8.03 released, now includes a sector editor!
July 07, 2006 by Jan van Wijk
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
From: Jan van Wijk
DFSee version 8.03 has been released yesterday.
This version introduces a powerful HEX/ASCII sector editor. The editor is quite flexible, can operate on sectors, clusters or any other size of item as needed. Of course it will work on any object that can be opened in DFSee: disks, partitions, volumes and even imagefiles.
The edit window is fully resizable, and the number of columns can be set to anything between 1 and 99 to match your data. Navigating to other sectors and searching is possible from within the editor dialog, using the same
powerful search mechanism as elsewhere in DFSee.
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning, filesystem and disk analysis, file recovery, UNDELETE for HPFS, JFS, and NTFS, resizing, imaging and cloning.
More details at:
Direct download links from the DFSee website:
Note: Except the ISO, these can also be downloaded
using '803' instead of the generic '8xx' version number
Or from the HOBBES website:
Most important functional changes since 8.02:
- DFSDISK Correctly displays all LVM-sectors in FS modes too
- EDIT Added interactive sector-editor in 'edit' command
- EDIT Add the generic FIND dialog using Ctrl-F/Ctrl-A
- EDIT Add the GOTO-location dialog to the sector editor
- EDIT HEX/DEC switch for LSN/PSN info in status line too
- FIND Added find-again logic to menu (Ctrl-A shortcut)
- GOTO Dialog enhanced with CHS and MCS-number format
- JFS Fix CHECK of damaged Inodes (allocation info)
- JFS Fix XTP/DTP identification on blocksize shortcut key
- PART Add warnings if an LVM sector has a BAD CRC value
- TXWIN Fixed bug in overlapping window-border repainting
DFSee Home: http://www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk; Author of DFSee - infoDESPAM@DESPAMdfsee.com