NewView 1.41.24 released
August 26, 2002 by Aaron Lawrence
Now with 73% more color and font support!
Please visit my page so I can get some idea of the number of downloads:
Have a nice day!
- Searching for multipart/symbols now works
e.g. __os2__ or CAKE_AND_BISCUITS
Note: These searches can be slow due to the need
to verify exact sequences in the help file.
- Improved the sorting of search results
- Support custom fonts in the file
Note: smallest size is deliberately limited to 8 point
- Direct RGB color editing ;)
- Support text foreground/background colors
- Added a popup menu item to search for the selected text.
- Adding logging of call stack on exceptions. Hurrah!
- Open Special operates like command line
(includes environment var expansion, path searching)
- Improved mouse/keyboard handling:
- Ctrl+Cursor skips words
- Left mouse + shift keeps selection
- Double click words to select
- Left mouse drag + right click copies
- Alt+Cursor always scrolls
- Home/End goes to line start/end
- Contents/index decoding fixes
- Cursor positioning around margins
- Selection problem around line ends
- Find in topic faster and less buggy
- Printing to network printers without port
- Less restriction on total length of filenames
when opening multiple files (still some probs)
- Better handling of disk errors in file dialog
- Missing space characters in some files
- Crash when deleting notes
- Notes now keep leading and trailing whitespace
Note: a single pararaph note still does not keep it's
final carriage return, apparently due to an OS/2 bug
- Doesn't crash if default fonts missing (WarpSans/Helv)
- Fixes to font selection dialog
- Allow run-in images to be aligned (centred etc).
- Put spaces after images if spacing is set (guess).
- Message boxes improved a bit
- Problem decoding margins set to 0
(resulted in very wide text!)
- Flickering when displaying topic with notes