Updates at http://smedley.info/os2ports (OpenTTD, LyX, Apache2v2.2.3,
August 03, 2006 by Paul Smedley
A number of updates have been made at http://smedley.info/os2ports over the past week or so - some of these have made it onto some news pages, others have gone unreported.
The changes are:
- 20060803 - OpenTTD port added
- 20060729 - Apache2 updated to v2.2.3
- 20060729 - lbreakout2 updated to v2.6beta6 and to use sdl12.dll
- 20060729 - Enigma updated to use sdl12.dll
- 20060729 - Tuxpaint updated to use sdl12.dll
- 20060729 - Rocks'n'Diamonds updated to v3.2.0
- 20060728 - LyX port updated to beta 2
- 20060728 - The Battle for Wesnoth updated to v1.1.8
Some of these are just recompiles of old ports to bring them to latest SDL, however OpenTTD and LyX are new ports.
OpenTTD is a clone of the Microprose game "Transport Tycoon Deluxe", a popular game originally written by Chris Sawyer. It attempts to mimic the original game as closely as possible while extending it with new features.
LyX is a document processor that encourages an approach to writing based on the structure of your documents, not their appearance. It is released under a Free Software / Open Source license.
LyX is for people that write and want their writing to look great, right out of the box. No more endless tinkering with formatting details, 'finger painting' font attributes or futzing around with page boundaries. You just write. In the background, Prof. Knuth's legendary TeX typesetting engine
makes you look good.