DFSee version 8.06 released
August 20, 2006 by Jan van Wijk
From: Jan van Wijk
DFSee version 8.06 has been released today.
It includes several fixes, including compatibility with the latest 14.105 release of the OS/2 and eCS LVM package. Then some nice enhancements for binary file editing, like a DFSEDIT.CMD/BAT to be used as a file-edit front-end and marking/hightlighting in the editor.
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning, filesystem and disk analysis, file recovery, UNDELETE for HPFS JFS, and NTFS, resizing, imaging, cloning and sector editing.
More details at:
Direct download links from the DFSee website:
Note: Most of these can also be downloaded using '806'
instead of the generic '8xx' version number
Or from the HOBBES website:
Most important functional changes since 8.05:
- DFSCHECK CMD/BAT now do ALL partitions if no parameter given
- DFSEDIT CMD/BAT as a quick 'binary-edit filename' solution
- DFSDISK Fix a minor BBR drivelink display error (VRAID :-)
- FreeDOS Bootmenu selection timeout extended to 30 seconds
- EDIT Highlight search-result location using marked area
- EDIT Add byte/line MARKED area in hex-edit (Alt-B/L/U)
- EDIT Erase now Alt-F (Fill), on MARKED area or whole item
- EDIT fn Add delete to end-of-file (Ctrl-D) on editing files
- EDIT fn Message popup is specified file does not exist
- EDIT fn Confirm file truncation (deleted bytes) at exit
- EDIT fn Insert/Delete single bytes at end of the file
- JFS LIST Fix 'list -f' trap on check EA on some deleted files
- MBR/EBR Highlight partition-table bytes in the hex-editor
- MBR/PART Recognize and handle MBR sector for LVM level 14.105
- PART Fix I13X recognition new LVM MBR code (level 14.105)
DFSee Home: http://www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk; Author of DFSee - infoESPAM@DESPAMdfsee.com