Lucide beta 3 available to eComStation customers
August 29, 2006 by Joachim Benjamins
Serenity Systems International and netlabs.org today released beta 3 of Lucide, a document viewer for eComStation designed as a replacement for Acrobat Reader.
One goal of Lucide is to have a fast document viewer which is well integrated in the eComStation WPS and supports features like drag and drop and printing and which makes as easy as possible to work with PDF and other files on eComStation.
This new release supports printing, among other updates:
Changes since the previous beta release:
- Added basic printing features, you may print documents as image or as postscript on postscript-capable printers.
- Fixed scrolling problem introduced in beta2.
- Drawing fixes and improvements.
- Added 'Go to page' dialog, 'Save As...' menuitem works.
- Djvu plugin improvements, get rid of ddjvuapi.dll.
- Ability to compile plugins with gcc.
- Fixes for font substitution.
- NLS-files updates.
Note: Changed vendor & revision in WarpIN Package. You *have* to uninstall the old WarpIN Version first! Release number is 0.9.3.
All registered eComStation customers can download Lucide Beta 3 (as zip or WarpIn file) from the the eComStation Betazone, after login at:
If you find any bugs please report them to the Netlabs tracking system:
If you want to provide some more plugins for Lucide you will find the sample source code on this page as well. The package also contains all GPLed parts of the source code.
Heiko Nitsche published 3rd party plugins for Lucide, based on GBM. They are available from his homepage at: http://heikon.home.tlink.de/
Support for Lucide is available on the Lucide mailinglist, you will find details at:
Serenity Systems International