OpenOffice.org 2.0 public beta 1
September 20, 2006 by admin
Serenity Systems International is pleased to announce the first public
beta of OpenOffice.org 2.0 for eComStation and OS/2.
This build is based on the 2.0.3 sourcecode of OpenOffice.org, making it
on par with the current Windows releases.
Beta 1 is available for immediate download in English, German, Italian
and Dutch to all customers of the Support Agreement for OpenOffice.org
for eComStation and IBM OS/2, via their download-area at the Mensys
** Notes **
- Please make sure to read the included READ1ST document:
which includes hints on installation and a list of known issues.
- Installation takes around 240 MB of drivespace.
- Innotek FontEngine not supported, which makes the displayfonts look
ugly. Support for the FontEngine will be added in the final release.
- no eComStation or OS/2 specific enhancements are available in this
** Planned enhancements **
1) support for Innotek FontEngine
2) support for mouse wheel
3) enhanced clipboard
4) bidi & dbcs font support (depends on demand)
5) WPS support
6) native GUI controls
7) support SANE for scanners.
Support for the following items is not planned:
1) Java support
2) Mozilla support
** More information **
More information on OpenOffice.org can be found at:
** User Support **
Support specific to the eComStation and OS/2 version can be obtained
through the ticketing system at: http://www.ecomstation.com/support/ooo2/
A newsgroup is available for community support at:
** Purchase **
For availablility of the Support Agreement, please see http://www.ecomstation.com/openoffice
** Enjoy! **
Serenity Systems International