Firefox 2 RC2 milestone
October 10, 2006 by Mark Dodel
http://www.mozilla.org/ports/os2/ (I don't see this release on the Warpzilla page as ofmy sending this post)
October 9, 2006 Firefox 2 RC2 milestone has been released.
Release Note: www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/' title='http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/'>http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/
Requires a libc0.5.1 based version of the GCC runtime library.
The release notes have a detailed list of what's new in Firefox 2 RC 2, including:
* A new theme that updates Firefox's familiar interface
* Built in Phishing Protection
* Enhanced search engine management and search suggestions for Google, Yahoo! and Answers.com
* Improvements to tabbed browsing, including the ability to re-open recently closed tabs
* Firefox will resume from where you left off after a system crash or browser restart
* Better support for previewing and subscribing to Web feeds
* Inline spell checking in Web forms
* The ability to create bookmarks with "Live Titles" for Web sites that offer microsummaries
* New Add-ons manager that simplifies management of extensions and themes.
* Extended search plugin format
* Updates to the extension system to provide enhanced security and to
allow for easier localization of extensions
* Support for client-side session and persistent storage
* Support for SVG text using svg:textPath
Firefox 2 Release Candidate 2 also includes several bug fixes resulting directly from feedback obtained from people using our previous release candidate build. Users running Firefox 2 RC 1 will automatically be updated to Firefox 2 Release Candidate 2 through the Software Update feature, and
are encouraged to continue submitting feedback and Talkback reports.