Maul Publisher for OS/2 V3.08
October 22, 2006 by Peter Koller
Maul Publisher is an industrial strength desktop publisher capable of creating virtually all of the printing seen on everyday household items. You can use it to easily lay out newspapers, cards, books, labels, stamps, posters, charts, forms, and even designs like building plans or furniture
Version V3.08 is now available:-
* Codepage dialog, all handlers:-
- shows all country strings in language list.
- updates selected codepage according to language.
*Additional prepress warning message for Postscript printers
*Tables, improved button highlight settings
*Embed Font Dialog, improved with tooltips and more consistent control enables
*Import Dialog, improved with tooltips
*Added missing internal codepage conversions.
*Improved installer allows update check on startup.
*Installer runs Maul and registers it if possible.
*A number of fixes
- Fixed bug in snap selection dialog that prevented horizontal custom snaps being deleted
- Fixed missing default options for widow suppression and intelligent text quotes.
- Fixed several bugs in intelligent text quotes - all handlers.
- Fixed unwanted line breaks in numbers.
- Fixed bug in recursive text formatting.
- Fixed bug causing random crashes - UniLeagueTable not always initialised.
- Fixed bug: Page numbers not working in tables.
- Fixed bug: Bulleted lists get changed when you change paragraphs.
- Fixed text bug: Hyphenation gets mixed up when a normal dash lands on the end of a line.
- Fixed bug: Often crashes when copying/pasting frame sets.
- Fixed bug: Cannot copy and paste some pages.
To install or upgrade Maul:-
Download maulebin308.zip, and either maulelen308.zip or maulelde308.zip or both, depending on the language(s) you want.
Unzip all the files in the .maulinstall directory where maul was installed and run the installer. You need to install the binary executive and library files, as well as the appropriate language packs. It is safe to install later versions of Maul V3.xx over earlier ones.
Registered users are requested to re-register using their current key. You do not need to upgrade your V3.xx key, this is just a small fix to the registration mechanism.
Please take the trouble to report any bugs that you may find!