Lucide beta 4 available to eComStation customers
October 16, 2006 by Joachim Benjamins
Serenity Systems International and netlabs.org today released beta 4 of Lucide, a document viewer for eComStation designed as a replacement for Acrobat Reader.
One goal of Lucide is to have a fast document viewer which is well integrated in the eComStation WPS and supports features like drag and drop and printing and which makes as easy as possible to work with PDF and other files on eComStation.
Changes since the previous beta release:
- Added 'Zoom In/Out' button to zoom in/out with mouse click/ctrl+click.
- Replace ligatures when converting text from unicode to system codepage (closed ticket #45).
- Poppler (pdf rendering) library updated to version 0.5.4.
- Lucide's internationalization now respects 'territory' modifier.
- Fixed crash on PDF load during fonts enumeration on font files which FreeType doesn't understand (closed ticket #83).
- Prevent Lucide from close on broken JPEGs (closed ticket #80).
- In single-page view pressing PgUp/PgDn if already at top/bottom of page moves to previous/next page (closed ticket #73).
- Enable printing in reverse order (closed ticket #88).
- Lucide.exe loads needed DLLs from install path (closed ticket #78).
- WarpIn installation optionally sets Lucide as default program for PDF files (closed tickets #74, #79).
- Internal fixes.
- Added NLS-files: Spanish, Traditional Chinese (Taiwan), Danish.
- Updated NLS-files: Dutch, German, Swedish.
All registered eComStation customers can download Lucide Beta 4 (as zip or WarpIn file) from the the eComStation Betazone, after login at:
If you find any bugs please report them to the Netlabs tracking system:
If you want to provide some more plugins for Lucide you will find the sample source code on this page as well. The package also contains all GPLed parts of the source code.
Heiko Nitsche published 3rd party plugins for Lucide, based on GBM. They are available from his homepage at: http://heikon.home.tlink.de/
Support for Lucide is available on the Lucide mailinglist, you will find details at:
Serenity Systems International