Electronic Teller 4.40 Has Been Released
October 25, 2006 by Sander Nyman
Paul Caron's Electronic Teller 4.40 has been released.
Note: I am not affiliated with Electronic Teller in any way. I just happen to think it is one of the best damn OS/2 applications available, PERIOD.
Okay, having said that, Electronic Teller is a native OS/2 - eCS personal finance program with an elegant, modern user interface. It handles bank, credit card, cash, asset, liability, and investment accounts, which are grouped within portfolios. WPS integration includes drag-and-drop and
IT is VERY well thought out, extremely fast, configurable, and very stable. It is remarkably intuitive for a financial program, although it offers extensive help, and documentation. ET has "Advanced balance forecasting".
Why wait to be depressed about future debt and poverty, when you can forecast it NOW. Reporting capabilities are extensive. It also utilizes Blowfish encryption, for the age of identity theft. And yes, it does have a QIF Converter, so importing/exporting data is possible.
International language support includes US and UK English, Dutch, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish.
New in this latest version:
* An option to prevent ET from creating a WPS folder and associated program icons has been added to the installation utility for those who prefer an uncluttered desktop.
* Investments requiring more decimal digits than specified when the portfolio was first created are now accommodated.
* The log that used to exist in Due Today to track updates to postdated transactions has been incorporated into the Account Book. See the "Account Book - Postdated Log" entry in the "Account Book" help topic for additional information.
* The Quick Edit dialog has been removed. Quick edits are now performed in the Simple Addition popup window.
* The Simple Addition popup window will now accept transation flags (a new button has been added to the left of the Memorize toggle button).
* In Forecasting, Window | Hide (All) / Show (All) menu items have been added. Options | Save... / Save As... / Open... / Delete... menu items have been added to save forecasts, and to view and delete them.
* Several fixes have also gone into this release.
You can download ET here if you are quick:
After Hobbes processes incoming files it will be here:
ET is also available from BMT Micro:
For a more complete description of features, and screenshots:
Paul Caron can be contacted at: os2toolsDESPAM@DESPAMyahoo.ca
There is an OS/2 eZine review of ET from March 2003 (NOTE however that many features and improvements have been added since this review) here: