DFSee 8.13 released
March 26, 2007 by Jan van Wijk
DFSee 8.13 has just been released.
More verbose registration key info, fix search for FAT filenames, fix MOVE/COPY to start of disk and some more small fixes.
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning, filesystem and disk analysis, file recovery, UNDELETE for HPFS, JFS, and NTFS, resizing, imaging, cloning and sector editing.
More details at:
Direct download links from the DFSee website:
Note: Most of these can also be downloaded using '813'
instead of the generic '8xx' version number
Or from the HOBBES website:
Most important functional changes since 8.12:
- BOOTINI On FAT(32), search for the correct (ASCII) filename now
- CLONE Reword the error message on opening a non-formatted TO store
- CLONE Reword warning on time-to-complete, hint at status line info
- COPY and MOVE, fix offset for the first primary on a disk (Cylinder 0)
- CR/LVM No clear of the BBR (LVM sig) area for a 'create new' type 35
- FILEFIND on FAT, fixed incorrect matching on directory and file names
- FORMAT Use 1-sector buffer on quick-format (avoiding a rare USB bug)
- JFS Fixed crash displaying a garbage filled superblock sector
- LVMSHOW fix display of the LVM information for a specific partition
- MENU Add menu items for MBR code save/restore using RAW images
- MENU Add item: Display - > LVM info for partition(s); show DLAT/BBR
- MENU Add item: File - > Open Part/Volume verbose for more information
- OS2 I/O Fix Ioctl TrackLayout parameter size (is cosmetic only)
- REGKEY Verbose identification and status display (shows expiration)
- SUPER 2 JFS, display secondary superblock with the 'super 2' command
DFSee Home: http://www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk