May 05, 2007 by Rich Walsh
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
I'm pleased to announce the release of Cameraderie v1.5, an organizer and downloader for PTP & MSD digital cameras.
v1.5 adds support for mass storage device (MSD) cameras and for flash cards from any digital camera. Now you can enjoy Cameraderie's ease of use and versatility with any USB-connected removable drive that "looks" like a camera.
Among Cameraderie's features are:
- a unified display that shows you every photo at once,
either as thumbnails or as a detailed listing
- versatile sorting and renaming features that let you
save every photo where you want with the name you want
- automatic rotation that ensures your photos will always
be viewed and saved right-side up
For those who tried the v1.5 betas, the GA release offers:
- several eject options that make switching media and
shutting down much easier
- an application icon that's genuinely attractive
- an expanded 'Troubleshooting' section in the readme
- new commandline options
- and of course, a few bug fixes.
Cameraderie can be used in English, German, Dutch, and French, and is uncommonly easy to translate into other languages. The program is open-source and is released under the Mozilla Public License.
The source code is available at: