Latest GenMAC 2.1 experimental version available on request!
July 04, 2007 by Thorolf Godawa
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
the latest GenMAC 2.1 experimental version is available for testing.
If you have any of the supported hardware write an e-mail to
genmac AT godawa DOT de
And I will send you the driver for testing!
This new version supports (in addition to the old ones) following devices:
- Atheros AR5213A 802.11abg Wireless MiniPCI Card [168C:0013], tested by
- Atheros AR5005G 802.11abg Wireless Network Adapter [168C:001A], mostly
not tested yet, may not work
- Atheros AR5006XS 802.11abg Wireless Network Adapter [168C:001B], tested
with D-Link DWL-AG660 CardBus only, needs CBENABLE/PCICONF
- Atheros AR5001X+ Wireless Network Adapter [168C:1014], tested by
- Intel 82566DC Gigabit Network Connection [8086:104B], poorly tested,
only in wrapper-mode
- Intel PRO/1000 PL Network Connection [8086:109A], very good tested,
works in native- and wrapper-mode
- Intel PRO/1000 PL Network Connection [8086:10B9], poorly testet, partly
working, maybe better in native-mode
- Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection [8086:4222], poorly
tested, but works on several systems, not working with xWLAN
- Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection [8086:4227], good tested
- 3Com 3C90xC PCI [10B7:9201]
- 3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller [10B7:9201], poorly tested
The driver is still EXPERIMENTAL and was NOT tested with a lot of devices but I have already several "success-stories"!
While older versions did not support plain NetBIOS, this version should work with all protocols including NetBIOS, TCP/IP and NetBIOS over TCP/IP.
But this is still poorly testet, so please report if it works for you or not!
This driver also works correctly with XWLAN 3.0 if a supported WLAN-card is connected.