Samba 3.0.25c Available for Download for OS/2 & eComStation
August 22, 2007 by Paul Smedley
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
From: Paul Smedley
Samba 3.0.25c is now available for OS/2 & eComStation.
Binaries for both the server, and also the NetDrive plugin are available from http://svn.netlabs.org/samba
Changelog for the server is:
1) Fixed Ticket #24 - Windows clients show a prepended "C:" on shares from a Samba machine (Thanks Yuri!)
1) Fixed Ticket #25 - crashs in UCONV.DLL (Thanks Yuri!)
2) Fixed Ticket #12 - Scripts can now be executed (Thanks Yuri!)
3) Various locking updates (Thanks Yuri!)
4) Updated source to 3.0.25c level
5) Fixed some EA bugs
6) Fixes for DBCS (Thanks KO Myung-Hun!)
7) moved to custom libc release (needed for UCONV crashes)
Changes for the Netdrive plugin are:
- another DBCS change (Thanks KO Myung-Hun!)
- Fix some EA problems
- Fix BUFFER OVERFLOW problem with WinXP Server (Thanks Vitali!)
- Update to Samba 3.0.25c level code
Many thanks to Vitali, Yuri, KO, Herwig & Silvan for their support, testing, patches and general encouragement!
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Samba 3.0.25c Available for Download
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:50:53 -0500
From: Gerald (Jerry) Carter
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
-- Deep Thought
This is the latest production release of the Samba 3.0.25 code base and is the version that servers should be run for for all current bug fixes.
Major bug fixes included in Samba 3.0.25c are:
o File sharing with Widows 9x clients.
o Winbind running out of file descriptors due to stalled
o MS-DFS interoperability issues.
The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6568B7EA). The source code can be downloaded from:
The release notes are available online at:
Binary packages are available at
Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
The Samba Team