Mr. Message (AIM client) update 8/11/2007
August 17, 2007 by Marty Amodeo
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
From: Marty Amodeo
Mr. Message for OS/2 is an instant messenger client which is capable of communicating over AOL's Instant Messenger network using the OSCAR protocol (used in the Win32 AIM clients, jBuddy, gAIM, Kopete, ICQ, and a variety of
It has been updated with the following changes:
* Fixed the login process again, making it more robust and tolerant against receiving unexpected data. Should be reliable now.
* Fixed a memory leak when a session record is deleted.
* Fixed a memory leak when the Buddy List is created if an empty buddy group is found on the server.
* Fixed the corruption of session settings when a session that used global settings is changed to have unique settings.
* Added tolerance for handling messages with NULL characters embedded in them, like some DBCS messages will require. I don't know if this support is adequate to support character set translations because I have had no testers for this. Let me know if something needs improvement.
To download, please visit the official Mr. Message web page: