Samba for eCS (OS/2) related utilities
August 31, 2007 by Herwig Bauernfeind
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
From: Herwig Bauernfeind
* Samba server status monitor Version 0.9.0 is a utility to present the information provided by the "smbstatus smbd" command in a conveniant notebook GUI. It has separate pages for files, users and services and the refresh intervall is configurable.
* Samba widget for the xCenter/eCenter, shows 2 "lights" indicating whether any instance of SMBD.EXE and/or NMBD.EXE is currently running.
* smb_init-*.zip package:
- smb.cmd - extended port of *nix shell script to start/stop/restart Samba.
* initgroups-*.zip package:
- group - basic group file for Samba
- initgroups.cmd - creates well-known NT groups with appropriate RIDs for Samba
- delgroups.cmd - deletes well-known NT groups from Samba
* findsmb-*.zip package:
- findsmb.cmd - port of *nix script to find SMB machines on the current or a given subnet
* sharescripts-*.zip package:
- addshare.cmd - external command script to add Samba shares from a client (tested with WinXP only)
- delshare.cmd - external command script to remove Samba shares from a client (tested with WinXP only)
- changeshare.cmd - external command script to modify Samba shares from a client (tested with WinXP only)
* useradd*.zip package: (very experimental!)
- useradd.cmd - external command script to keep Samba and *nix/libc users synchronized
* smbprint*.zip package:Updated!
- smbprint.exe - external Samba print command for OS/2 acts as a bridge between Samba and the OS/2 printer subsystem. This utility is required if the Samba Server should act as a print server.