ACPI 3.03, suspend/resume, QuadCore
October 14, 2007 by Eugene Gorbunoff
* suspend/resume on multi-core notebooks and barebones (Read APM.doc)
* support of QuadCore desktops (follow standard recommendations: ACPI-SMP.doc), Please inform us, does it work well or not.
How to achieve success in testing?
* update danis506.add to 1.8.1 (How to update Danis -- Software updates -- http://ecomstation.ru/apecs.php?action=item&id=203
* disable all device drivers before testing suspend/resume (USB, audio, network)
* You can see the list of Sleep states supported by your computer when starting ACPI daemon (S1 - computer is stopped; S2 - computer is stopped, part of devices are powered off; S3 - all devices are powered off, except memory; S4 - all devices are powered off; S5 - power off)
* Post the bug-report (ticket) to the tracker -- http://svn.netlabs.org/acpi/newticket (login: guest, pass: netlabs)
View tickets -- http://svn.netlabs.org/acpi/report/1
How to post good ticket?
* From: your name or nickname
* Title: model of notebook/motherboard/SMP, problem in 3-5 words
* if you have troubles then grab log: copy acpica$ acpi.log
* if you see trap then read ACPI-Tester.doc
How to help to other users? Share the results of your tests.
* Post report about your computer/motherboard to Hardware database -- http://ecomstation.ru/hardware.php
* Install ACPIFU WPI (Fast Upgrade) if 3.x is working fine on your computer.