Scribus 22.214.171.124 ported to OS/2 & eComStation
January 15, 2008 by Paul Smedley
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
From: Paul Smedley
I've ported Scribus 126.96.36.199 to OS/2 & eComStation, and it is available
from the Scribus website at http://www.scribus.net
This stable release adds the following:
- Several fixes and improvements to text frames and the Story Editor.
- New Arabic Translation.
- More translation and documentation updates.
- Many improvements to PDF Forms exporting and non-Latin script handling in PDFs.
- Several fixes to protect against possible crashes.
- Improved Color Managed Display in some cases.
- Some fixes to the Scripting plugin.
Scribus is an open-source program that brings award-winning professional
page layout to Linux/Unix, MacOS X, OS/2 and Windows desktops with a
combination of "press-ready" output and new approaches to page layout.
Underneath the modern and user friendly interface, Scribus supports
professional publishing features, such as CMYK color, separations, ICC
color management and versatile PDF creation.
The OS/2 build has not had a whole lot of testing - if any reproduceable
crashes (ie SIGSEGV) are seen, please email me the details to