DW2008 -- calculate the advantages
January 28, 2008 by Eugene Gorbunoff
Developers Workshop 2008 is coming -- http://wiki.netlabs.org/index.php/Developers_Workshop_2008
You are right, the cost of the trip to Dusseldorf may be very high for you. 300 EURO.. 500 EURO.. 1000 EURO.. or more.
What is the reason to spend so much money?
1. The trip is successful if you communicate with people, make questions and collect ideas. Are you ready to make the efforts?
2. Are you going make a presentation?
The workshop is a good chance to
* share your libraries with other developers;
* learn new eComStation technologies and share the knowledge with other developers;
* present own concept of OS development;
* inform developers which software and drivers should be created;
3. Moreover, the visit of the conference gives you:
* You are meeting with other users and developers from different countries, different cultures;
* If you are a developer, then you are meeting with your clients. Ask them what do they need;
* Meet the users from your city and region. The conference may help you create Local User Group;
* Get fresh news and secret information while chatting.
* The trip to Germany is good for your experience, you can see how german people are working, why they are so productive.
* You are collecting information what is the trend of OS/2 development. This helps you safe the efforts and don't spend the time to fake goals.
* If you are a designer then watch the design of german houses, clothes, banners, railroad and cars.
* Improve your english (/deutch/dutch), no need to buy tutorials of english language
* You are mobilizing while preparing for the conference. You are generating more ideas, more code while preparing for D-Day.
* Present your program to sell it
* If you don't have a report then the trip seems like short summer vacations
* Dusseldorf is a good place for shopping
Full list of conferences for eComStation and OS/2 users -- http://ecomstation.ru/conferences.php