Firefox 3.0 beta 5
April 10, 2008 by Peter Weilbacher
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
From: Peter Weilbacher
I have finally found time to build the 5th (and last) beta of Firefox 3. It
should appear linked from http://www.mozilla.org/ports/os2/ soon.[*] Note
that the ReadMe linked there lists the major problems of the OS/2 version
(again, that list didn't get much shorter than for beta 4).
The few OS/2 specific improvements since 3.0 beta 4:
- Finally make bookmark tooltips and popups appear in front of the
bookmarks menu (thanks go to Stefan Schmohl!).
- Some improvements to the default theme on OS/2 (by Walter Meinl).
- Reduce the download and on-disk size a little bit by packaging only
necessary theme graphics and strip all binaries.
- Allow RWS to be switched off.
- In principle allow plugin content to be printed, but no OS/2 plugins
seem to support this.
Please report bugs via Bugzilla. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
Please post comments to the mozilla.dev.ports.os2 newsgroup (on
[*] In case you are impatient you can go to the download directory
Enhanced OS/2 builds of Mozilla applications http://pmw-warpzilla.sf.net/
Steve's Warpzilla Tips: http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html
Requires a libc0.6.3 based version of the GCC runtime library.