eCo Software winter updates
March 31, 2008 by Eugene Gorbunoff
eCo Software is a developer of shareware/commercial products and research laboratory.
During the end of winter - beginning of spring we have released updates of:
ACPI, GNU, USBDock, NeoWPS, Books.
eComStation uses the latest Intel ACPI CA source code.
Major part of modern computers don't work properly without ACPI driver.
ACPI 3.8 is available from BETAZONE.
Active tickets: http://svn.netlabs.org/acpi/report/1
All tickets: http://svn.netlabs.org/acpi/report/6
Useful information in Documentation section -- http://ecomstation.ru/acpitools
* How to convince that ACPI.PSD works OK?
* How to setup SCSI system?
* Attention! ACPI for eComStation works with 14.104 kernel only!
Please check the version of your kernel before installation
We are interested to improve the support of HP, Acer, Sony, Samsung, Dell, Toshiba notebooks.
Purchase eComStation Software Subscription today
(it gives you access to eComStation updates during 12 monthes)
and test fresh ACPI. Post bug-reports to the tracker
(Do you have troubles with Shutdown? If you have troubles
then create a ticket: which method do you use, version of eWorkPlace, ACPI)
Collaboration with other developers: Uniaud team added the support of ACPI to their driver.
2. Panorama video drivers
You need Panorama VESA for old notebooks (2004 and older)
and you need it for modern notebooks (2004 and newer)
* Panorama VESA benchmarks
* Mensys published "Panorama VESA Heavy" in BETAZONE
(it includes IBM GRADD, so you can install Panorama VESA over VGA)
Collaboration with other developers:
* Robert Lalla updated widescreen activator (March 2008),
now it supports ASUS EeePC
(v0.70 contains additional support for Intel G3x/P3x memory controller;
v.0.72 update contains support for Intel GM965/PM965 chipset
which had already support before, but was quietly modified by Intel
without renaming it) -- http://ecomstation.ru/projects/panorama/?action=down
* Doodle is working on SDL/2 optimized for Panorama VESA -- ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/sdl
* Send us the names of tested adapters:
* Talki-clocki -- talking clock -- http://ecomstation.ru/projects/crc/?action=down
There are russian voices, send us german/english/dutch voices
If you don't have UPS then you need JRescuer and JUne -- http://ecomstation.ru/jrescuer
General network utilities are refreshed -- http://ecomstation.ru/gnu
* USB Dock is uploaded to BETAZONE. Whatsnew: updated database of devices
* USB Tools homepage is updated: link to USB MTP utility -- http://ecomstation.ru/usbtools
"eComStation/NeoWPS" means eComStation with NeoWPS extensions.
NeoWPS components are updated very often -- http://ecomstation.ru/neowps
8. eCo Software support service
* The hardware database (http://ecomstation.ru/hardware.php) contains more than 1400 reports of supported hardware.
You can post new reports or add notes.
Now gathering reports about video-adapters which support dual-monitor mode -- http://ecomstation.ru/hardware.php?action=category§ion=video
* You can post bug-reports to tracker now: http://trac.ecomstation.ru/
(login: ecotrac, password: nhfrerth, click New ticket)
eCo Software support service should process more customers, we started the sellings of books:
* Frequently asked questions. eComStation installation. (russian text)
* Frequently asked questions. eComStation usage and optimization. (russian text)
* (more books are "under construction")
eComStation is useful if there are useful well-designed applications.
The developers should release 20-50 medium applications to enforce eComStation in 2008.
To simplify the development of new applications
eCo Software is going invest into the development of new PM-controls and
DevCon -- http://ecomstation.ru/developer
11. Additional information:
* Welcome to eCo Software homepage -- http://ecomstation.ru/ecosoft/?action=orders
* eCo Software runtimes -- http://ecomstation.ru/ecosoft/runtime.php
* Full pricelist of eCo Software products -- http://ecomstation.ru/ecosoft/?action=pricelist
* BETAZONE -- How to download ACPI, Panorama, eSchemes? -- http://ecomstation.ru/mensys.html
* Previous eCo Software newsletter -- http://ecomstation.ru/commentnews.php?id=1439