PMMail 3.01 released
July 12, 2008 by Neil Waldhauer
From: Neil Waldhauer
PMMail for OS/2 version 3.01 has been released. PMMail for OS/2 is an e-mail client for OS/2 and eComStation. More information and a free download of the demonstration version of the program are available on our website at http://pmmail.os2voice.org
New features in PMMail 3.01
* Addition of new Incoming filter type: Incoming (pre-MC). Filters of this type operate on a message before the Mail Classifier (bogofilter) processes the message. The old filter type "Incoming" is now named "Incoming (post-MC)".
* Character set aliases: Some character set names have common misspellings. The Charset alias option allows these to be defined for a given standard character set name.
* Most Recently Used address list updated only when a message is sent. Previously it was updated when any address was added to the TO/CC address.
* The Minimized window for PMMail flashes when new mail has been retrieved. The length of time that it flashes may be limited to some fixed time.
* Drag-n-Drop (aka: Direct Manipulation) message from the Search window.
* Attachments may be dragged from the Read window to the Desktop.
* Fully compatible with tcp/ip v4.0 (16 bit stack).
* Timezone recognition improvements.
* When re-indexing a folder, the timezone and daylight savings time are respected for the message's sent timestamp.
* When replying to a message and the message's character set is different from the default charset, a warning pops up about the discrepancy. The warning may be overridden in Settings::Locale.
* Mail Classifier updates may now be set for every XX program shutdown.
* The TEMP directory may be set to a different path than in the Account directory. This increases performance when the mailstore is located on a remote system.
* Improvements in the Spelling Checker
* Performance enhancements in processing message filters and
* Numerous defects fixed.