General Network Utilities
September 14, 2008 by Eugene Gorbunoff
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
General Network Utilities is a powerful Internet diagnostic tool kit featuring several tools designed to help you quickly identify problems, locate where the problem is, and gather data which can be used to solve the problem either directly or through your Internet Service Provider. With
General Network Utilities you can see how the Internet is working, giving you the information to both optimize service and diagnose problems.
1. Build date is used to identify version for General Network Utilities.
2. Enhancements in Ping:
- etoolkit is used for toolbar creating;
- now number of scanned hosts/ranges of hosts are 16;
- command line syntax is improved. It is possible to pass list of hosts in parameters;
- it is possible to load list of sites from file. For example see file os2sites.txt;
- nodes' identifiers are kept as entered without translation:
- metric for every node is calculated as:
It is possible to sort nodes' list according the metric.
3. Minor fix for usage of NLS files. Requirement for main storage is decreased.
4. FW-Pro continues to work without FWIP.SYS driver.
1. Enhancements in FW-Pro:
- during startup FW-Pro reads configuration files fwsecad.cnf and
- confirmation is required to close FW-Pro.
2. Enhancements in IPinfo:
- it is possible to change/remove interfaces;
- ifconfig is not used for access to interfaces.
3. IPtracer can switch LAN interface to promiscuous mode.
4. During installation version of eCo Software runtime is checked.