Ghostscript v8.63 updated - CUPS support fixed
November 17, 2008 by Mark Dodel
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
From: Mark Dodel
Paul Smedley has updated Ghostscript to v8.63.
"Ghostscript for OS/2 & eCS
Ghostscript is an interpreter for the PostScript (TM) language. A
PostScript interpreter usually takes as input a set of graphics commands.
The output is usually a page bitmap which is then sent to an output device
such as a printer or display. PostScript is embedded in many printers.
Ghostscript has several main uses:
1. Display a PostScript file (avoid killing trees).
2. Display a PostScript file to decide if you really need to print it
(reduce the number of trees killed).
3. Print a PostScript file to a non-PostScript printer (kill more trees).
* Necessary device support for CUPS is included - be sure to modify
path entry in /cups/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster if upgrading CUPS
* Added jbig support - fixes some PDFs that previously showed up blank
(Oct 10th build)
* Compiled with GCC 4.3.2 (Oct 10th build)
* Fixed CUPS support (Nov 16th build)"
Download Ghostscript 8.63 (Updated 20081116)
Please let Paul know if you find this software useful. He needs user
feedback to continue work on these projects. He maintains a bug tracker
for many projects at http://mantis.smedley.info It just requires a simple
If you'd like to help support continued development of this project (and
many others) for OS/2 & eComStation, please consider making a donation
either via Paypal using the link on Paul's website, or using the Mensys
Online Store http://www.mensys.net/os2ports/