ACPI - check your ticket
February 17, 2009 by Eugene Gorbunoff
The development of ACPI sub-system continues,
it's time to change the development approach
(prevent degradation of code, change debug approach, etc)
Homepage of ACPI for eComStation -- http://ecomstation.ru/acpitools
Please check your ticket in the tracker:
* Active tickets -- http://svn.netlabs.org/acpi/report/1
* All tickets, inclusing closed -- http://svn.netlabs.org/acpi/report/6
(visit the tracker periodically during 1-2 weeks)
Post the reply and attach the logs.
(register to access the tracker -- http://ecomstation.ru/projects/acpitools/?action=logs)
Some questions for users:
1) Do you want to monitor temperature of CPU? The widget doesn't show
proper values.. then try to google, find something like (path in ACPI tree):
google - > model of your motherboard + temperature + SBRG or HWT + TEMP or TMP
2) Do you feel problems with NVidia chipset in /SMP /APIC and /!NOD switch? What are the problems?
3) VPIC.SYS testing.
Join the testing if the computer works in PIC mode and doesn't in APIC.
If you have a custom PCI device (DOS drivers only) then prepare Null-modem cable.
If you have simple Core Duo and have troubles with APIC then contact us.
4) Please confirm that Suspend/resume works on 1 CPU, Videodriver should be: Panorama VESA
5) Owners of Acer notebooks: if Wifi adapter is not visible for the system then use PCIWRITE
6) Users with AMD chipset, please try something like this: /SMP /APIC /!NOD /SAP:0x10
7) Do throttling and set of power state work for you? Try W4 kernel if no success with SMP kernel.
8) If the boot is slow , if boot stops at KBDBASE then notify us what is the model of your PC. (SMP APIC mode)
9) If PC hangs when you start ACPIDaemon then inform us.