Qt 4 based games updated
October 22, 2009 by email@example.com
Silvan Scherrer has updated three Qt 4 games to use the new beta 3 release of Qt 4 for OS/2 and eComStation:
- Blubbels 0.9: remove bubbles of matching colors on a changing playfield
- CuteGomoku 0.2.1: play Go against the computer
- Tubularix 0.2.7: similar to Tetris but viewed from above
- Blubbels now has sound
- the work-around for the helv.pfb font is not required any more
- improvements in look and feel
The games are available for download at:
Qt is a cross-platform application development framework, which is widely used as a widget toolkit for developing GUI programs. Availability for OS/2 and eComStation both means that developers can easily port existing Qt applications and create new ones more easily.
This already has been the case with Qt 3. Now that Qt 4 is widely used, the netlabs.org Qt 4 project aims to make the latest version 4.5 available for OS/2 and eComStation. It currently is in beta stage and applications start to become available.
For more information, see:
Since the project relies on funds made by the OS/2 and eComStation community, please consider making a donation: