PM CTorrent Manager v0.10
January 31, 2010 by email@example.com
Posted by Alex Taylor
PM CTorrent Manager is a graphical interface to the "Enhanced CTorrent" BitTorrent client for OS/2. Version 0.10 is now available:
Starting with this version, you can now open torrent files and start
CTorrent from within PMCTM. At the moment, this feature requires that
you have ACT.EXE somewhere in your PATH.
You can also monitor/manage torrents which were started with CTorrent manually (i.e. outside PMCTM), if you specified -S (CTCS server) option using the local server address.
The advantage of using PM CTorrent Manager is that you can view, monitor,
or terminate any or all of your CTorrent downloads from a single window.
This also lets you run CTorrent detached if you want to, thus not cluttering up your desktop and/or window list. And, of course, you can monitor CTorrent downloads on other computers on your network.
New this release (v0.10):
- Added support for opening torrent files. Implemented extensive logic
for managing torrents started in this way.
- Stopped torrents are now shown as well as active ones.
- Added directories configuration dialog.
- Changed behaviour of the 'confirm on exit' option. Now it offers you the choice: stop torrents and exit, don't stop torrents and exit, or
cancel (don't exit).
- The UI refresh timer is deactivated if there are no active torrents.
- Running PMCTM with the /D parameter causes debug output to be displayed.
PMCTM in general, and especially the new logic for managing torrent files,
is still quite experimental and probably has many bugs. In particular,
there are several known flaws in the logic used to determine whether or
not managed torrent files are currently running. See the README.TXT for