DevCon: new File Open Dialog - update your applications
April 01, 2010 by firstname.lastname@example.org
=== New PM controls for developers of applications ===
* New library includes: WC_DIRTREE and WC_FILEVIEW. This PM-controls may be used in applications to select directory and/or file. All heavy operations are performed in separate threads. Call FOCInitialize() before usage of the controls.
* The control elements notify owner about state changes via WM_CONTROL message.
* The elements support d'n'd operation (as source).
* You can force change of directory, create/remove directories, rename files and directories using special messages. Moreover, the developers of applications can send messages to sort the contents of container, request list of selected files and directories.
* Both control elements can work in conjuction: the changes in directory tree influence on container with files and vice versa.
=== Replacement of System File Open Dialog ===
* The main goal of the project - replace system file open dialog with new one based on new PM controls.
* New dialog may be resized, users can change sorting, size of sub-windows. All parameters are saved and restored automatically.
* New dialog is fully compatible with old system dialog: if you are going call new FOC then use FOCFILEDLG structure (instead of FILEDLG), instead of functions WinFileDlg, WinDefFileDlgProc, WinFreeFileDlgList use: FOCFileDlg, FOCDefFileDlgProc and FOCFreeFileDlgList
=== Dialog for directory selection ===
* New dialog is based on WC_DIRTEE control. The interface is similar to the interface of FOC, API: FOCSelectDir, FOCDefSelectDirProc and FOCSELDIR structure.
=== Current plan of work ===
* create WC_PREVIEW control, include it to file open dialog.
* full support of d'n'd.
* we should update external view one more time.
=== Join testing ===
* Download FOC library and test samples: DevCon site, ecomstation.ru/projects/developer/
* compatibility with different file systems
* browse directories with huge quantity of files
Please send the results of testing via web-form: ecomstation.ru/support.php