DFSee version 10.2 released
March 30, 2010 by email@example.com
DFSee version 10.2 has been released today, a minor release.
DFSee itself has several fixes and updates in scripting and other areas.
There is also a new menu item that automates making the bootable USB stick that was introduced with version 10.1 This will make it much easier to create the stick, and avoids most of possible mistakes to make ...
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning, filesystem and disk analysis, some file recovery and UNDELETE and smart imaging or cloning of partitions or complete disks.
More details at:
Direct download links from the DFSee website:
Or from the HOBBES website:
or (after processing):
Functional changes since 10.1
- Boot image Updated USBASPI.SYS to much newer 2.27, dated 2008
- geo Retain correct base PSN if a partition was selected
- LVM dialog Indicate 'sync LVM engine' as NOT RECOMMENDED
- MBR code Recognize another variant of the OS/2 2.x MBR code
- Menu BM/LVM removed duplicate shortcut letter 'I'
- Menu Wipe Added comment on removables to final message
- Menu Wipe Start of disk, now wipes 32 MiB instead of 10
- Menu Actions -> Create bootable (USB) disk
- Menu Display -> Show Partition Table Sector, MBR or EBR
- Menu Wipe MBR sector for a disk (FDISK menu)
- Menu Wipe Bootsector for a partition (filesystem menus)
- RUN cmd Fixed problem with quoting (spaces, params)
- Script Fixed trap on single WHILE/FOR/IF on last line
- Script Fixed trap when 'until' is missing for a 'do'
- Script Add expression/variable substitution to single-step popup
- Script Confirm single-step execute line, and allow script cancel
- Script Allow . as placeholder in script positional $n parameters
- Script Added verbose and single-step option to RUN file dialog
- Script Single-Step + Verbose check-box in singlestep popup
- USB stick Added DFSUSB32.dfs script to prepare a bootable stick
DFSee Home: www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk; Author of DFSee - firstname.lastname@example.org