DFSee 10.3 released today
May 06, 2010 by firstname.lastname@example.org
DFSee version 10.3 has been released today, a minor release.
DFSee itself has several fixes and updates.
The SCRIPT and menu-item that automate making the bootable USB stick introduced with version 10.2 has been updated with more error detection and recovery. The minimum size of the stick is now 1Gb, with the main partition being almost 1Gb too, so there is lots of room for additional ISO files to be booted.
It also got a nice splash-screen for its ISO boot menu :-)
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning,
filesystem and disk analysis, some file recovery and UNDELETE
and smart imaging or cloning of partitions or complete disks.
More details at:
Direct download links from the DFSee website:
Or from the HOBBES website:
or (after processing):
Functional changes since 10.2
- FAT DIRTY Added check/update for documented flags in FAT area
- FAT open Dont search 2nd FAT if 1st not found (long delay)
- FAT open Report dirty status on open (from Bootrec and FAT)
- USB stick Increased size of image to 934 MiB (stick >= 1 Gb)
- geo Fixed forcing GEO back to the original (S) values
- imz2raw Fixed empty file bug (could not write after EOF)
- linux Fix for kernel 2.6.34 stat fail on large disks
- setboot -disk:nr option can force (BMGR) disk to work on
DFSee Home: www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk; Author of DFSee - email@example.com