ScummVM 1.1.1 Adventure Emulator Released
May 02, 2010 by firstname.lastname@example.org
ScummVM 1.1.1 for OS/2 and eComStation has been released. ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files, and is available for many platforms. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the games, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!
Some of the adventures ScummVM supports include Adventure Soft's Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2; Revolution's Beneath A Steel Sky and Broken Sword I & II; Flight of the Amazon Queen; Wyrmkeep's Inherit the Earth; Coktel Vision's Gobliiins; Westwood Studios' The Legend of Kyrandia and games based on LucasArts' SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) system such as Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and more.
- Fixed several minor bugs here and there.
- Fixed regression that caused some texts to always be in English, even when using another language. (#2970211 - DRASCULA: missing german translation)
- Fixed a bug which caused the DOS versions to crash before the credits whenAdLib music is selected.
- Fixed several memory leaks.
- Corrected problems in the handling of followers when blocked from performing actions by closed doors between rooms.
- Solved issues with Goewin not always correctly following the player out of the caves
- Fix video playback regression in Discworld 2.
- Fix several crashes and other regressions in Nippon Safes, including bugs 2969211, 2969232, 2969234, 2969257, 2970141.
For more information and downloads, see: