Dr. Message Technology Preview 4 available
July 18, 2010 by email@example.com
Dr. Message is a native instant messenger application for OS/2, supporting a wide variety of popular messaging protocols, like AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, and others. This is a follow-on to Mr. Message, with a completely new implementation of the protocols and the GUI.
Currently implemented protocol features:
* Log in/out
* Get buddy status
* Write / receive IMs (including leaving/retrieving offline messages)
* Add/remove buddies or groups to/from your list
* Set and retrieve aliases for your buddies
* Detection and reporting of idle time
* Full implementation of file transfer capabilities
If you have a major problem, please let me know so that I can start tracing it down. I'm hoping that all stability problems and hangs on exit have been solved in this release, so please let me know if I'm wrong.
You can get it here:
As always, please read the ReadMe.OS2 file in the archive before using.