AudioStation for eCS - Anyone interested?
October 05, 2001 by Christopher Hodges
AudioStation - Anyone interested?
I am considering writing an audio playback/recording and sequencing program.
I'm proposing the following features:
1) Audio playback with streaming from hard drive to handle large audio files
2) Simultaneous playback of audio clips
3) Audio recording with streaming for direct-to-hard-disk recording
4) Full audio editing with graphical representation of the audioform (Cut,copy, paste etc....)
5) Audio effects modules with the ability to have other developers write>custom plug-ins
6) Audio sequencing: This would allow a user to take various audio samples and sequence them with the ability to save the sequences.
7) Realtime looping and reversing of audio clips
All of these capabilities are available in MIDI Station Sequencer but as that program requires your soundcard drivers to support RTMIDI or use of the MPU401 driver it has become apparent that not many people are able to use that program. :>(
All this is is a proposition. If there is no interest in this kind of program I won't waste my time but if there is enough interest generated I will spend the time on it. I see the end result of this program being what the next generation of a Ceres SoundStudio might have been.
Any interest out there?
I await your feedback.
Author of MIDI Station Sequencer