Odin 0.6.21606 (2011-03-28)
April 02, 2011 by email@example.com
There is a new version of ODIN on the Netlabs FTP server.
ODIN is the Open Source project to provide a win32 API for OS/2 and eComStation. Originally to allow OS/2 users to run Windows 32 bit applications. Now used to port windows applications to OS/2 and eComStation. The Odin runtime is a requirement for the newest developed versions of JAVA and Flash 10 for OS/2 and eCS.
ODIN website: svn.netlabs.org/odin32
Debug version: ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/odin/odin32bin-20110328-debug.wpi
Odin mailing list archive: dir.gmane.org/gmane.org.netlabs.odin.user
To support future Netlabs development consider making a donation www.mensys.com/shop/Netlabs/
- general: Workaround the OS/2 loader bug in LIBPATHSTRICT=T mode by always
loading DLLs using the base name with no extension (e.g. "MDM" instead of
"MDM.DLL"). This fixes various problems like no sound in strict mode.
- general: A big bunch of fixes (headers and so on) for SDK mode.
- odincrt: Fixed a tiny typo in DosQueryModuleHandleStrict() that could
sometimes cause 100% CPU load at application startup eventually leading to
SYS1808 due to stack overflow.
- kernel32: VirtualQuery: Succeed with MEM_FREE for one page when querying
an unallocated address in the private arena (for which DosQueryMem fails
with ERROR_INVALID_ADDRESS). This will fix applications relying on proper
- kernel32: Report ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND from LoadLibrary() when it fails to
load a DLL due to missing import modules, to mimic Win32 behavior.
- tools/wrc: Restored generating GAS output by default. MASM output is now
generated by specifying the -M option.
- shell32: Shell_NotifyIcon(): Create a copy of the supplied icon because
the caller may DestroyIcon() on it at any time (which would cause systray
to display an empty rectangle). This matches Windows behavior.
- shell32: Implemented support for xsystray (Extended System Tray widget for
XCenter) which provides more functionality (in particular,
"TaskbarCreated" message broadcasting).