New Version EasySync 1.12
March 14, 2011 by email@example.com
This is just to inform you that a new version of EasySync is now
available via hobbes.
This is version 1.12 build 201102161
EasySync is a shareware product that gives you an easy way to
synchronize and or backup directories.
With the latest version of EasySync (1.12) it√£s even easier to
synchronise directories thanks to the built in support for NetDrive√ć.
Together with NetDrive you can now synchronise with an FTP site, or
synchronise/backup your files with a SAMBA server or a NTFS disk.
EasySync lets you see at a glance what files need to be updated
between two directories whether they reside on the same machine or
even on separate PC√£s on the network. This simple but powerful
graphical interface allows you show files which should be updated,
files that have been deleted, files that are missing, files that are
newer and older, were deleted √ď.. plus the proposed transfer
direction. Transfer can be set to bi-directional to fully synchronize
two directories or uni-directional to limit which directory(ies) is/
are updated as may often be the case when backing up files. A choice
to display files/directories which have been selected to be ignored
during the synchronisation process is a standard option
Whenever a file is about to be overwritten or deleted it is first
stored on disk for later retrieval should it be necessary. The
location of these files is called the Vault. The vault contains any
number of versions of the same file every time that file is deleted or
overwritten. The number of versions stored is only limited by the
available disk space or by a number that you as a user have
specified. All transactions are logged so that you can always verify
what actions have taken place.
The main changes/improvements from the previous version are:
* A Script list which contains a list of scripts to be
* An option to include or exclude subdirectories
* An option to terminate the program when a script ends depending
on whether errors occurred or not.
* Ignore files sometimes incorrectly displayed in Local/Remote
* Refresh and or a new entry not always correctly shown.
* When the direction is changed the transfer indication not always
* When direction was from Local/Remote to Local, then a deleted
file not correctly shown.
* If MD5 checking with identical file size was enabled, then
newest file not always correctly found.
* Files not always deleted when a vault was disabled.