DFSee 10.7 released
April 27, 2011 by firstname.lastname@example.org
DFSee version 10.7 has been released today, a minor release.
The Linux version has much better support for huge files and disks,
there are quite a few enhancements related to HEX editing and
several other smaller improvements and bug-fixes.
For FAT, HPFS, JFS and NTFS there is now a quick menu-selection to get
either the info (fnode, inode, DIR-entry etc) or the contents for a
file or directory into the HEX editor for inspection or changing.
See the various 'Mode=xxx -> File Find/Recover/HEXedit' menu items.
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning,
filesystem and disk analysis, some file recovery and UNDELETE
and smart imaging or cloning of partitions or complete disks.
More details at:
Direct download links from the DFSee website:
Or from the HOBBES website:
or (after processing):
Functional changes since 10.6
- alloc Notify user when aborted, reset the Used/Free info
- BMGR menu Default to current BMGR timeout on value-prompt
- DISK size Linux better size/geometry support for disks > 500Gb
- EDIT Reset 'this' start lsn after selecting other object
- FAT16 USB Script to create a FAT16 data stick/disk; max 2Gb
- Mode=xxx File Recovery menu now named "File Find/Recover/HEXedit"
- File / DIR Binary edit Data (file/dir contents) for a path
- File / DIR Binary edit Info (fnode/inode/MFTrec) for a path
- File / DIR Find or recover ONE file, now for Mode=FAT too
- IMZINFO Support large files on Linux for info display
- OS/2 limit Warning 65535 cylinders, less frequently shown
- PART table Adjusted some column widths to allow terabyte disk sizes
- PSAVE etc Fix size display in several places for 4Kb/sector disks
- RESTORE Fixed TxFileExists for large files > 2Gb on Linux
- RESTORE Support large files on Linux on auto-detect IMZ
- Startup Add ADMIN hint if no disks are seen at all (WIN7)
- geocalc Fixed trap when LVM DLAT is in a non-std location
- hex edit Faster startup, fixed spurious trap on starting
- hex edit Add extra prev/next item buffer for large screens
- hex edit Fix buffer-contents on PgUp/PgDn if screen > item
- long tasks No abort with in batch (-b switch or -B option)
DFSee Home: www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk; Author of DFSee - email@example.com