Archive Viewer 2.1 RC1 on BetaZone
April 16, 2011 by email@example.com
Alex Taylor has released an update to his Archive Viewer on the eComStation BetaZone. This includes the full source and translator's source files (Both a separate download on the BetaZone) You can login at http://www.ecomstation.com/ to access the Betazone.
[UPDATED 2011-04-15] The Archive Viewer is a very simple GUI tool for viewing and extracting archive files of various types. Version 2.1 adds support for several new archive formats, plus some new features and bug fixes.
Required: Besides VX-REXX runtime library (VROBJ.DLL) (Included in eCS since 1.1), also archiving programs which are listed in the README.TXT.
* Added support for opening a file by drag-and-drop into the program
* Added support for changing the current language on the fly (by
drag-and-drop from the Locale palette).
* Added support for WPI format.
* Added support for TAR.LZ (lzip-compressed tar) archives.
* Added support for 7Z format.
* Added support for LHA format.
* Added support for RPM format.
* Added support for single (non-archive) files compressed using
compress (.Z), gzip (.GZ), bzip2 (.BZ2) or lzip (.LZ).
* Recognize .TBZ2 and .TBZ as value TAR.BZ2 extensions.
* Fixed some status text which wasn't NLV-enabled.
* Fixed problems in .TAR.Z support.
* Prompt again in the event of an incorrect password (with ARJ this is
unfortunately not very effective as ARJ takes a LONG time to return
when the password is incorrect).