Firefox 4.0 and SeaMonkey-2.1 Beta 3 for OS/2 released
April 15, 2011 by email@example.com
Firefox-4.0 final is available at:
The latest (and presumably last) Beta of SeaMonkey:
Be sure to download and carefully _read_ the new Readmes:
Two points from the Readme are very important to mention
-- Compatibility Warning
After using Firefox v4.x (SeaMonkey-2.1b3), your History and Cookies
and cookies.sqlite) will NOT be compatible with Firefox v3.x
(SeaMonkey-2.0.x). However, a
REXX script is available to restore compatibility.
* To preserve compatibility:
- download 'dbrestore.zip' from
- unzip it into your profile directory
- make backups of places.sqlite and cookies.sqlite
* To restore compatibilty BEFORE running Firefox v3.x:
- run the script from your profile directory.
* To restore compatibilty AFTER running Firefox v3.x
(i.e. you forgot to run the script before):
- look for 'places.sqlite.corrupt' and 'cookies.sqlite.corrupt' in
profile directory, If they appear to be the right size, remove
'.corrupt' extension after deleting the newly-created versions.
- run the script
- if your history and cookies aren't restored, use your backup
* Exceptq - Crash Reporting
If the app crashes, Exceptq will beep and then create an exception
report containing details of the crash. You can send these
reports to the developers at .
The Exceptq app and dlls can be downloaded here:
Please, to be on the safe side, backup your profiles _before_ using
the new versions.
Get them as long as they're still fresh ;-)