Workplace Sans 0.81
May 30, 2011 by firstname.lastname@example.org
Workplace Sans 0.81 has been released.
Changes in this release:
- Minor changes to several character shapes, in particular 'a', 'w', 'R'.
- Fractionally widened the number characters.
- A couple of additional characters added.
- Non-bitmap versions are now built with TypeTool version 3; to avoid the
previously-encountered difficulties with this version, TrueType font
metrics are now set manually instead of automatically calculated, and the font width class is set to "normal" instead of "semi-condensed".
- Font is no longer auto-hinted on build: the hinting was observed to cause rounded glyphs to appear too tall on some point sizes. With antialiasing the hinting is not really necessary, and without antialiasing the bitmapped versions are recommended anyway.
- (Bold) Bitmap version now includes Cyrillic.
-- Alex Taylor