DFSee 10.8 released
May 23, 2011 by firstname.lastname@example.org
DFSee version 10.8 has been released today, a minor release.
The Linux version now has file-dialog lists sorted alphabetically, and will assign proper RW attributes to any files created new. Then there are two fixes for the FAT(32) FORMAT dialog as well as several other minor fixes and enhancements.
Unless major bugs come to light, this will be the LAST 10.x minor release. The next one will be a major release 11.0 (payed upgrade from 10.x). 11.0 will feature more generic sorting capabilities and other enhancements for the file-dislogs, and perhaps more Airboot related support for eCS 2.1 and ext4 support for linux.
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning, filesystem and disk analysis, some file recovery and UNDELETE and smart imaging or cloning of partitions or complete disks.
More details at:
Direct download links from the DFSee website:
Or from the HOBBES website:
or (after processing):
Functional changes since 10.7
- FIND dlg Allow double quote characters in search string values
- FORMAT dlg Allow single quote characters in filesystem label field
- FORMAT dlg Set bootcode type correctly for FAT32 -o:'9' = Win9x/ME
- IMAGE etc Set RW-RW-RW- file mode to newly created files on Linux and Mac
- FILE dlg Show directory and file list SORTED on filename on Linux and Mac
- FILE dlg Avoid 'dead-end' directories without the '..' entry on Linux
- PART Recognize large floppy with MSWIN4.1 correctly as FAT16
- Windows Show minor version 6.10 in 'about' as Windows-7, not Vista
DFSee Home: www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk; Author of DFSee - email@example.com