Updated Firefox v4.0.2pre/Seamonkey v2.1/Thunderbird v3.4a1pre with Native Printing
July 23, 2011 by DragText@E-vertise.Com
Revised versions of Firefox, Seamonkey, and Thunderbird offering native
printing support have been released.
* Firefox v4.0.2pre:
* Seamonkey v2.1:
* Thunderbird v3.4a1pre
These are the final betas of a project sponsored by Mensys to provide
full-featured native printing support in the Mozilla apps. They offer
better print quality and access to all printer features while using
less memory. Mozilla's built-in PDF and Postscript features remain
available for use.
New / Changed
* Printing from mail and news windows now works as expected - you no
longer have to open Print Preview to print.
* The built-in Postscript support is now able to print in Landscape
mode; it also uses the selected driver's DPI setting when needed.
* The outdated Readme.txt file has been replaced by an up-to-date and
detailed ReadMe.OS2 that applies to all 3 Mozilla apps. It offers
instructions on how to use the new printing features and adds a
brief Troubleshooting guide.
* A bug which prevented some menu items from being highlighted when
using the keyboard has been fixed.
* If you've been printing using the built-in Postscript generator but
would like to return to using your native PS driver, don't forget to
change "print.os2.postscript.use_builtin" from "true" to "false".
See ReadMe.OS2 for details.
* Postscript output from the native PS driver may not be suitable for
conversion to PDF. Instead, have the app generate the PDF itself,
or use the built-in PS feature. See ReadMe.OS2 for details.
Community support for these betas and all Mozilla apps is available
through the newsgroups 'mozilla.dev.ports.os2' or 'comp.os.os2.apps'.
Messages posted to other forums may not be seen by the developers.