DFSee 11.5 released
January 02, 2013 by firstname.lastname@example.org
DFSee version 11.5 has been released
It is a minor but significant release, with several small features added
and quite a few long standing minor bugs and annoyances fixed.
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning,
filesystem and disk analysis, some file recovery and UNDELETE
and smart imaging or cloning of partitions or complete disks.
More details at:
Direct download links from the DFSee website:
Or from the HOBBES website:
or (after processing):
Functional changes since 11.4
- ALIGNEXT non-zero RC if no room for alignment or other error
- CLONE Confirmation popup after a write-error on cloning (continue/abort)
- CLONE Log errors to screen/logfile on read while cloning, even when using -E:I
- CR Added cylinder-alignment when positioning from END of freespace
- DFSDISK added the updated DFSDPROC script to actual distribution
- DFSUSB32 create bootable-stick script made a little more robust
- DISK/PART Continue partition analysis when no MBR/EBR 55AA sig, but valid tables
- DISK/PART Specific error/warning when MBR or EBR has no 55AA sig, but valid table
- HELP #834 fixed spelling error 'AVCTIVE' partition to 'ACTIVE'
- IMAGE Log read errors to screen/logfile on create image, even when using -E:I
- LIST mention IMPORT command when trying to use an empty sectorlist
- NTFS DIRFIND 'not implemented' error message fixed; Build on W500
- NTFS descriptive message if $Volume MFT has no VolumeInfo attrib
- NTFS update volume serialnr and display bootsector, use 16 digits
- PART show LVM diskname even if no partitions are listed in DLAT
- PSAVE/DFSDISK fixed crash with the MAC version on writing the .PDx files
- RESTORE Confirmation popup after a write-error on restore image (continue/abort)
- SMART Fixed alloc info for MBR area in dfsFdskSetNewArea() used for 'Smart'
- STARTABLE Setting a primary ACTIVE does no longer hide all other primaries on disk
- TXLIB Kbd added hack for altGr+backslash to '' for German keyboards
- WARNING No 'alignext' hint on 'partition overlaps DLAT' for a primary partition.
- WINDOWS GetLastError TRACE on failing Create/Write/ReadFile Win32 calls
- WINDOWS Improved error code on write errors (rc 1 -> GetLastError())
DFSee Home: www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk; Author of DFSee - email@example.com